Working in Care
What We Seek In Our Carers
Life-experience. It’s essential. It helps us all to gain empathy and understanding.
Positivity. We want you to be warm-hearted, patient and have great communication skills.
Caring Experience: It’s highly valued, whether in a professional or informal capacity.
Reliability. We seek commitment and professionalism to our clients and in situations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to become part of a highly motivated and enthusiastic team. We put the focus on building relationships. With visits of two hours or more, we place huge importance on building quality and meaningful relationships. We know that having a consistent face is imperative to providing premium care, and you won’t be required to do 15-minute pop-in visits.
Finally, it’s a hugely rewarding job. At Bright Care, you’ll be making a huge difference to someone’s life, enabling them to live out their later years with dignity and security.
Many of our carers have been retired and were simply looking for a meaningful part-time role, have returned to work after raising a family, or were simply looking for a career change. This might be a similar great opportunity for you too.
We continually seek out exceptional people to deliver an exceptional service, and our success is built on people who share this commitment to deliver a truly premium service.
We value and invest in our employees by providing ongoing professional training and support at all levels, and by offering great opportunities for career development. We always encourage both personal and professional growth, and share in the delight as our employees become the best they can be.
We also truly care about our employees’ emotional well-being and happiness: we thrive on a culture of integrity, clear communication and honesty.
Do You Have What It Takes To Join Our Team?
- Do you have a genuine care and love for older people and their families?
- Do you share our positive attitude to life and caring for others?
- Are you humble and gentle in nature, with a willingness to learn and grow?
- Do you have common sense about people and have a knack for dealing with challenging situations in an effective way?
Delighting our clients and exceeding their expectations does not happen by accident. It takes the combined effort of all our peoples’ individual skills, expertise, knowledge, attention to detail, positive ‘can-do’ attitude and crucially, team work, to make it happen. We bring this magic to life everyday across our business.
Why Work For Us?
We offer the chance to join a small but growing company, where there is always the opportunity for progression for those who desire it. We want to make careers in care worth talking about – something to truly be proud of.
We pride ourselves on our positive culture and friendly working environment. In our business there is a real sense of family and we need everyone to contribute to our journey of continual improvement. We want everyone’s voices to be heard no matter what their role. We strive to care for our staff with exactly the same care and attention that we give to our clients.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Providing friendly companionship
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toilet-assistance)
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Assisting with outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments)
- Supporting clients with taking medication
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility and light exercise
- Planning and preparing meals
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients, and reporting any changes or concerns to the office
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night